Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Snow!!!!

So we had a great weekend together as a family.  Saturday, John and I got to go to the Focus on the Family Focus on Marriage simulcast at a church in Birmingham.  We got to hear some great Christian speakers talk about marriage.  John and I so enjoyed spending that day together, worshiping together, and learning together about marriage in the eyes of the Lord.  Joe got to spend the day with Honey and Pops.  He had a blast!  I'm so thankful to have parents that love watching our little guy for us when we have opportunities like this.  Joe loves his time over there and gets excited as soon as we pull onto there street.  Its funny how he is starting to recognize things like that.  John and I picked up Joe around 4:30 that evening and we got to spend the evening relaxing and playing together, and after Joe went to bed, John and I watched FireProof.  Great movie by the way!   
Can you believe it?!?!?  Sunday morning we woke up to everything outside covered in WHITE!  and the snow was still falling.  We had somewhere between 2-4 inches of snow on Sunday.  It was beautiful.  We took Joe out to play in it...and he had a blast.  He kept his eyes on the ground as he walked around so he could see the footprints his little feet made with each step.  We couldnt stay out long because his feet were getting wet.  Unfortunately, Joe does not own any snow boots :)  We got some great video and pictures of Joe out in the snow.  Church was cancelled due to some problems on the roads so we spent the morning together as a family watching the snow fall.  While Joe was napping John was able to get some things done around the house which was nice.  Anything we can accomplish around here makes me feel more prepared for Noah to arrive.  The list is long but we are making progress!  John got a migraine around lunch so we spent the day trying to make him feel better.  We had to take a trip to my parents house because my cell phone had been left there a couple of days.  Poor John... migraines are no fun.  By dinner time he was all better though, and i was able to cook a yummy asian shrimp dish, and we just hung out together.
Baby Noah Update:
Yesterday I had a doctor's appointment.  It was a very early appointment because I had to take my sugar test (so no eating before hand)  Mom watched Joe for me to go and take my test.  I was dreading this appointment because I failed it when i was pregnant with Joe and I had to go back the next week to do a three hour test...lots of drinking yucky juice, sitting around, and being pricked.  (I did pass that one though)  Anyways, I passed this one!! YAAAAY!   
Noah's heart rate was good and strong, and he grew A LOT over the last 4 weeks.  Needless to say, my weight gain was a big number this time :(  Even though pregnant, its not fun to hear.  I have a feeling Noah is going to be a big boy like his brother. Although, at this point Noah seems to be bigger than Joe was (and he was a big baby!) So I rescheduled my next appointment for 3 weeks from now, and after that i will start seeing my doctor every 2 weeks.  i can't believe we are already this far along.  He will be here before we know it!  There are so many things to buy/organize/clean etc and i am starting to feel a little stress/anxiety from it.  I guess that's called Nesting.  Why can't women have baby showers for every pregnancy?!? :)    
So my appointment went well and Joe and I spent the day at Honey's house while she went to work.  It's nice for Joe to have a change of scenery every once in a while (even though he is much easier in the comfort of our own home)  We went to N Vogue after Joe's nap to visit and get out of the house.  Joe thinks he owns that place.  He walks in the door and runs straight back to Honey's office.  Maybe he will take over the business one day?!?  Speaking of Joe and N Vogue, he has a hair cut appointment on Saturday.  This will be cut # 3.  
When John got off of work, he took Joe home (Johns office is 1 mile from my parents house) and i got to spend the evening with my mom.  Every week John and I alternate having a night to get out of the house and doing something with friends or family.  It was my time this week! So mom and I went out to dinner and then watched the Bachelor. (I am so angry about the outcome of the show.  I dont even have the words!)  It had been a long few days for me, so i was glad to have a night to chill.  
So it's Tuesday, and I feel like I have overdone it the past few days so I am going to try and rest as much as Joe lets me.  We will probably stay in the house today and enjoy one another.  We may have a coloring fest!  
Hope you all have a great week!!!  

No comments: