Saturday, March 7, 2009

It's the weekend!!!!!

I love love love the weekends.  I always look forward to having my little family together for more than just a few hours at a time.  This morning John woke up with Joe at 7:45 (that's 2 extra hours of sleep for John compared to the weekdays) and they let me sleep a little longer.  I had a terrible head ache all day yesterday, and we decided it may have something to do with lack of sleep lately.  Only, I couldn't sleep any longer.  I was excited to wake up and spend time with my boys!  So I got up and we played with Joe, made breakfast, and played some more!  We were also able to get the closet in John's old office/Joe's new room cleaned out.  We are hoping to move all of Joe's furniture in there today when John gets home.  (He is at our church's new building right now painting, cleaning, etc..  Anything to help.)  Once Joe is moved, I think it will feel as though a huge weight has been lifted off of my shoulders.  I will be able to start preparing more for Noah!!!  Next weekend we will probably begin purchasing furniture and other things needed for Noah and his room.  We have a little less than 13 weeks until the due date, but I have a feeling I will either be induced at least a week before hand or I just won't make it that long.  Noah is a big boy and oh so active.  So for the rest of the day we will be moving Joe's room and tonight I will cook dinner and we will relax.  My mom just reminded me that we Spring forward tonight, so maybe we will go to bed early since we will loose an hour of sleep.  I am singing at church tomorrow so i will have to be up much earlier.  
We love Sundays and we try to just relax after church.  Sometimes we take Joe to the park or to play outside in the afternoon.  Although tomorrow, we may end up working a little more around the house.  I'll be heading out to shop tomorrow because Joe has no warm weather clothes that fit.  We are approaching the 70's and he is a hot natured child, so he is in major need of new clothes!  
SO that's our weekend for ya!  
Joe is doing great.  He is learning new things everyday.  He seems to be very clever.  He figures things out easily on his own...and he gets very proud of himself when he does!  He is almost able to turn door knobs and open them, so we make sure that the doors to outside are always locked.  He absolutely loves being completely naked, so we let him play that way after his bath for a while.  (we have had two tee-tee accidents, but we just laugh it off)  He is fascinated with noses, and will point to your nose if you ask him where it is.  I'm sure there are plenty of other new things, I just cant think of them right now!  
Anyways, the Schluchter family wishes you a very happy weekend!!

No comments: