Tuesday, March 24, 2009

not much going on

Today is a slow day.  Its about 3:30pm and I feel like it should be about 6.  Joe and I have stayed at home.  I was exhausted yesterday, so I figured we should lay low today.  I'm getting frustrated that I can't play with Joe like I would like to.  He would love nothing more than for me to get down on the floor and roll around with him, wrestle, tickle, and let him climb all over me, but I just can't do it.  I can't take him to the park by myself, because I can't climb everything with him, and it is getting more and more difficult to keep up with him running around.  It's getting really hard to lift him and carry him, which really stinks, because I love holding him.  I guess the both of us will just have to make do for a little while.  And, from my doctor visit yesterday, that little while may be much shorter than we originally thought.  We'll see!  
We are excited for John to come home today.  Joe will be so glad that he has his daddy home to run around outside with for a little bit while I make dinner.  I'm just going to make a simple pasta dinner with a salad.  Easy enough.  After Joe goes down tonight, John and I may put together Noah's crib.  I'm itching to get his room finished, especially now that I know he could be making his arrival into this world earlier than expected.  I'm ready for him to be here, but I think Joe could use a little more time.  I can't wait to see my two boys grow up together.  Realizing that I would two 18 months apart was initially shocking, but now I am so glad that my boys will be so close in age.  I think they will really enjoy each other, and make lots and lots of memories together.  
Well, Joe is wanting my attention.....so I am off to play! (the best I can anways :) ) 

No comments: