Monday, April 20, 2009

On BROADWAY

Last night (Sunday night) I saw my first broadway musical! The national tour of Wicked came to Birmingham, and John bought me tickets for Valentine's Day.  It was soooo great!  We had a great time, and I was blown away by the performance.  INCREDIBLE!  I'm so thankful that John was thoughtful enough to surprise me with those tickets on VDay.  It was such a great experience.  Joe spent the night with his Honey and Pops while John and I went out to dinner and then to the show.   I had some pretty uncomfortable braxton-hicks contractions during the show, but they subsided.  Phew.  I was praying that I wasn't about to go into labor in the middle of the show a little over 6 weeks from my due date.  Anyways, if you haven't seen Wicked, I highly suggest that you do!  
I had a doctor appointment this morning (i mentioned the contractions and she assured me that was normal and that they are much more intense and occur much more frequently during your second pregnancy).  Noah's heartbeat is great.  I am now measuring just a week ahead of schedule...much better than 4 or 2!  She said he must have just had a big growth spurt around the time i was measuring so far ahead.  I told her that every time someone asks me how much longer I have, i get such a surprise reaction.  EVERYONE says, "Girl, there is no way you are making it that long!"  (I'm getting tired of that response!)  She said that because I am carrying all in front and very low, that i look bigger than I am.  That made me feel better.  Anyways, Noah is head down and in position to enter this world when the time comes.  We are ready to meet our little one.  I think Joe is going to miss my belly, however.  He has been using it as a pillow quite often.  He hugs on my belly all the time... It looks sweet, but he has no clue that there is a baby inside.  
Well, I'm going to go relax before bedtime.  Hope your week is off to a great start!

No comments: