Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Today or Tomorrow???

So here's the deal.  I am heading to the hospital at 4:30 this afternoon!  I had a doctor's appointment yesterday and my cervix was not quite "ripe enough" for my doctor to feel completely comfortable starting the induction as planned this Thursday morning.  If there was not much cervical change by the time i were to arrive Thurs, then I would be at risk for a really long labor and maybe even a C Section.  So, to prevent that from happening, this afternoon I will check into the hospital and an easy cervical ripening procedure (nothing surgical) will be done to prepare my cervix for induction as planned early the next morning.  However, there is a chance that this procedure could put me into labor before tomorrow, and Noah could be here even sooner...this is why we have to stay over night.  John and I are both so excited/anxious/nervous/overjoyed about Noah's arrival.  We can't wait and we are ready to get this show on the road.  We are nearly 100% prepared and we have Joe all taken care of.  I am so blessed to have my parents and good friend Cindy looking out for him.  It's so nice to not have to worry about big brother :)  while we are in the hospital.  He will be in the greatest of great hands!  My parents are coming over this afternoon to help make sure my house is good and clean for when we come home (as a family of 4....crazy!!).  I can't believe that this time has come.  Wow did it fly by!  Now the Schluchter family begins a new chapter in life, and we would love to have your prayers for this labor/delivery/new baby/and new beginning.  Here we go!!!!

1 comment:

Ashley Waldrop said...

I am praying for you and a safe deliver! I can't wait to see pictures of baby Noah!