Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Doctor X 2

Joe and I both had doctor appointments this week. I had my check up on Monday and Joe had his 18 month check up yesterday. (I can't believe my little boy is 18 months old!) Everything went well.
Misty's appointment:
Baby's heart beat is strong! There was not much cervical change since last week's visit, but Noah's head has dropped down, so hopefully that will speed things up a bit.  My blood pressure was a little higher than it normally runs, so i tried to convince my doctor that that must mean i should be induced right away.  She said that my numbers were still in the normal range. No such luck :) I go again next Tuesday and she said we will most likely make plans for an end of the week induction!!! So, Noah will probably be here in just over a week.  YAAAAYYY!  I couldn't be more excited!
Joe's appointment:
He is doing great!  He ways 26 pounds (50th percentile) and I forgot how tall he is, but he is in the 90th percentile for his height (33 1/4 in. stands out in my head but i could be totally wrong).  He is a lean mean muscle machine!  He got two shots and a finger prick and he did pretty well.  There were some tears, but i think he was mostly just MAD!  The worst part was having the band aid on his finger.  You would have thought it was the end of the world.  He cried and would not use his hand for anything until that band aid was off.  Unfortunately we had to wait a few minutes for his finger to stop bleeding before we could take it off.  I am so glad my mom went with me...it is tough keeping him busy and entertained while waiting, and even tougher when i'm pregnant.  I also started feel faintish from being weak and hot, so it was a blessing that my mom was able to come and help me entertain/comfort joe joe.  My mom says she doesn't think she wants to go ever again when shots are involved (she has been 3 or 4 times with me now).  She said it keeps getting harder and harder for her to watch and she is heart broken by the time we leave.  I did ask the doctor about Joe's vocabulary, being that he doesnt have that much of one yet.  He said that since Joe responds well to commands, questions, etc. and that he easily gets his point across without words, there is absolutely nothing to worry about.  He said he will start talking when he is ready and feels he needs to.  Basically he has me wrapped around his finger and I know him all too well.  When there are no other developmental concerns, kids develop language at a very varied pace.  Good to know!  I feel so blessed to have a healthy, beautiful, growing little boy.  
Joe is finally loving his sunglasses, and thinks he is so funny running around the house in them.  I have tried to get pictures, and it hasn't worked so far.  He is really in to stacking blocks and leggos these days.   John and I bought him a little boy baby doll this weekend.  Joe has no concept of what baby is/means so we thought this might help.  He kisses it, takes it's paci in and out of its mouth, and tries very hard to put its baby hat on after taking it off.  When he isn't doing those things, he is poking it in the eye, trying to eat its hands, throwing it on the ground, and hiding it behind pillows.  I think he is doing well.... ha   what do you think??  John and I switched phone services so we now have new cell phones.  Joe is now in hog heaven having two cell phones (our old ones) to play with.  I need to remember to keep them charged so he doesn't figure out that they aren't the real deal.  It would ruin everything!  Joe is still the sweetest cuddly little boy with an extremely energetic and adventurous spirit.  We have the best of both worlds with him.  We can't wait for him to have a little brother!

No comments: