Monday, April 18, 2011

Some Firsts...

So, we've had a few firsts around here lately...


We had a Taco Bell picnic on the couch. We had tornados this day and I had to pick Joe up from school early due to the weather, so we ran by Taco Bell on the way home and decided to do something a little different for lunch. Their little eyes are glued to the movie Ponyo- which is pretty great, I think!
Can you tell they were worn out??

Noah fed himself cereal for the first time. YUMMY Captain Crunch!


I cooked asparagus a new way the other day.  I didn't feel like being extra careful that they wouldn't burn or fall through the grate, so I gave this a try...

Trim the tough edges of the asparagus and peel a few garlic cloves


Place them on some foil, drizzle with EVOO, sprinkle with a generous amount of sea salt and black pepper, and through in a pinch of red pepper flakes. Lemon juice would be good too!
Fold the foil around the asparagus into a packet and place it on the grill. 10 minutes tops. I turned my packet over half way through.


Joe has (well, had) his first pet bug. A lady bug that he named "Goga". We found her in the front yard one day. She was a tough little thing...surviving little hands poking and grabbing at her until I came to her rescue. I noticed this morning that she was dead. :( 
That's Joe's grass that he is growing. It's a school project. It needs a trim.

We had our first going away party. :( We have great friends and are so blessed by them.  We had a cook out at Laura's house with yummy food and great hang out time.  They put together a travel basket for us. They are so great for thinking to do that.  It will keep the boys entertained and their tummies happy as we travel to Omaha. Thank you, friends!!!! (I'm not going to talk about how much you guys mean to us. I'll save it for a later post. I've cried too much in the past 24 hours :) )
You can't really see what all is in there... lots of toys, treats, eats, and drinks!


And a Second

We had a second "Going Away Party".  This time it was with my family and the Rosser's.  We had a delicious southern home cooked meal and plenty of desserts. I LOVE my FAMILY. And, I'm so glad that Gabe, Sara Beth, and Stevie were there too. They're family. (And I'm not going to write about any of these people right now either. Another post will come. Not ready for that yet. Sigh.)
I never thought that one of our family get- togethers would be in honor of sending us off to another state. 
Anyways, My family went in together and got us a hefty Target gift card. AWESOME! It will go towards all the things we need for our new home! So helpful!

And, Sara Beth made me this. I love home made gifts. AND this one is BEAUTIFUL. I'll cherish it forever and think of my Rosser's every time I look at it.  
Isn't she crazy creative?!

Well, that's it for now. I feel like I have so much to blog about. I'll be working on it.

Count down to the Big Move:  11 days.  (OH MY)

No comments: