Wednesday, April 13, 2011

My Favorite Soup- Chipotle Chicken. YUMMMMY

I love soup, but can't find one from a can that I like. So, a few months ago, I went to the store, threw these ingredients in my cart, and MAGIC happened. I've made this soup many a times since. I've never written down my recipe, so I'm giving it a go here.  It's easy, super delicious, healthy, and I could eat it many times every day...So, I make lots of it at once!

Here goes nothin'!

Ingredients:
1 large Sweet Onion, chopped
1 large handful of matchstick carrots, chopped
4 cloves garlic, chopped
1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, chopped, + 1 Tablespoon of adobo sauce (more or less depending on  how spicy you like it!...it's a smokey heat)
I large (or 2 small) tomato, chopped
2 large Russet Potatoes, cubed
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
1 can mexi-corn
Rotisserie Chicken, shredded
1 1/2 large containers chicken stock
Juice of 2 limes
cilantro, big handful, chopped

Garnishes (optional):
more cilantro
green onion
sour cream
shredded cheese (mmm pepper jack!)
tortilla chips

*I like to serve this soup with cheese quesadillas to dip*


Use a big pot!

Sauté your onion, garlic and carrots until tender.
Add your chipotle pepper, tomato, and adobo sauce. Stir and season with salt.
Add your chicken, beans, and corn, stir and add more salt.
Add your broth and lime juice. Stir Well. (taste here for saltiness. I'm a salt girl, so i usually add more)
Add your potatoes.
Let the soup simmer, about 20 minutes, until potatoes are tender.
Stir in cilantro before serving.

Add your garnishes, grab a margarita, and enjoy! :)

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Thank you so much for your donation to help bring Sergey home, your gift has truly been a blessing to us. God bless!

Danielle