Thursday, February 24, 2011

Random Stream of Thoughts

We just got back from Palm Spings, CA late yesterday afternoon.

I am so proud of my boys for flying SO WELL. They are awesome at it. (they should be by now!)

We had a GREAT time. I can't wait for John to transfer the photos to the computer so I can share them with you.

The weather was perfect. Warm enough to wear summerish clothing, and you could still run around and play outside without breaking a sweat. Yes, perfection. (this statement will not be true of Palm Springs in a couple of months...HOT)

I love watching my boys experience new things.

I feel extremely blessed that we get to go to such a beautiful place. I feel extremely blessed that my boys will grow up vacationing out there, just like their daddy did.

We had TWO date nights. Lots of great food, seeing new things, and quality time with my precious husband. On top of our date nights, we had lots of one on one time.

I'm thankful that my kids have two SPECTACULAR sets of grand parents.

It's good to be back home. It's sad this won't be home for much longer.

We jumped right back into our routine. We got out of the house to go to joe's speech therapy. (He scored a 95 on a speech test that was given to him today...Go JOE!) Then we hopped over to 'N Vogue to say hello to everyone and then we went to Moe's for lunch with mom/Honey.

My boys love their Honey. Who wouldn't love a grandmother that gives you cups full of change to throw in a fountain?!?



I don't like Moe's like I used to. I have had Chipotle a few times recently, and it is SO much better. Sorry, Moe's. :)

I love that Noah tries to do everything his big brother does. It's waaaay cute.

I also love it, at times, when they fight with each other. It makes me giggle. (is that bad??)

So, now that we are home, we must continue keeping the house clean. BLAH. It wears me out.

We have had one person come through the house. Just ONE. sigh. :(

I'm doing my best to let go of the situation. I know the Lord has gone before us and has worked out every detail of our move and transition to Omaha already. I read this last night and it encouraged me..."Something powerful and life-giving comes through waiting. This falls into the category of learning to trust our God of wonder and mystery" - Angela Thomas. I'm believing for that something powerful and life-giving.

Joe says, "Ogahaaww".

I'm excited to about this new chapter of our lives to begin. I'm actually becoming somewhat anxious for it to start. It totally surprises me that I feel that way. There are definitely days, however, that I feel the total opposite.

I'm doing a new devotional book and I LOVE it. It's called Brave by Angela Thomas. I would love to lead a small group of women through it one day. (The quote above came from this book.)


I haven't done a devotional book in a long time. I'm super glad that I found this one.

Joe is so stubborn.

Noah is way too fearless.

What's a mom to do??

We are all tired. The whole adjusting to the 2 hour time change plus a full day of travel with no naps has left us, well, tired.

Can you tell?


We get to go to some of our best friends' house tonight for a bday celebration! Happy Birthday, Gabe!

They just got back from Africa and they met their little boy for the first time face to face. I can't wait to hear more about it. I love that little boy so much already.

That's another reason I am sad to move. I want to be a part of his life. I want him and Joe to be best buds. It will happen. Just not the way i planned.

I'm ready for them to go back and get him. If I'm ready, I know they are dying to get a phone call. To hop on a plane. To hug and squeeze him. To introduce him to Stevie girl. To bring him HOME. (praying their kiddos do just as well flying as mine!)

Follow their journey right HERE!

I want to adopt. I'm wondering how moving to Omaha will change our plans for that.

My plans really don't matter. God's are always better.

I need to go unpack. I HATE unpacking. Guess it's not a good idea to live out of a suit case with our house on the market. Bummer.

Palm Springs post coming soon!

No comments: