Friday, July 31, 2009

picky

Joe can be a pretty picky eater.  There is not one vegetable that he particularly likes.  But, I have a solution.  What toddler/kid doesn't like cheesy quesadillas?  Take a whole wheat tortilla, add your choice of shredded cheese and throw in any kind of chopped vegetable that you please.  Add meat and/or beans if you choose, too!  I've added spinach, corn, carrots, tomato, avocado, green beans, chicken, beef, bell peppers, black beans etc.  Cook it on both sides in a  sauté  pan until the cheese is melted and you are good to go.  (I usually use a little bit of olive oil, but butter or cooking spray would work, too!) I've also made a fruity quesadilla (because he doesn't always like fruit, either.)  I spread some cream cheese on the whole wheat tortilla and add any chopped fruit you like.  Joe likes honey in his, too.  Quesadillas are great ways to hide healthy food!  
If you have any ideas for me in my endeavor to get healthy foods into Joe's little tummy, let me know!

No comments: