Monday, February 23, 2009

What a fun weekend!

Hello again!  The Schluchter family had a great weekend together.  As I mentioned before, my sister and I took Joe to the park Friday afternoon.  But, before we went to the park we stopped in Serendipity Sweets to get Joe a treat.  (Pops gave us some cash to spoil his grandson a little bit!) Ashley and I both got some ice cream (EggNog for her, Cake batter for me).  Joe got his own little spoon and we shared.  We also got him some sour gummy worms, which he loved.  He really enjoys sour things and doesn't mind spicy food either.  It was such a cute sweets shop...we will definitely be going back!  The park was so fun.  Joe spent 45 minutes running all over the place,exploring,  sliding, swinging, and swinging on the tire swing with Aunt Ash.  Ashley got some great pictures, which i will post when i get access to them (hint, hint Ash :) )  We had a blast and Joe was worn out!  
Good News! Joe is back to sleeping until 7:15 or later (at least it has been that way the past 3 days)  The past week of 6 am waking up was rough on me.  Saturday Joe woke us up, and John spent a little time with him watching cartoons before I came out to join in on the fun.  We had a few minutes to chill out together and then we all got ready for the day.  John deconstructed our futon for my sister to use, and, thank goodness for good friends, Jerry Rainey came over with his van to help us transport that massive piece of furniture to Ashley's house.  Joe and I followed because we havent seen her house yet.  We were greated by Ash and lots of dogs! Ashley has 3 roommates, and between the four of them, there are 4 dogs.  Joe had a blast playing with them...especially Ashley's boxer/lab Lily and Allison's little dog Trixie.  They kept Joe busy while John and Jerry put together the futon for Ashley.  
Afterwards we took Joe to Moe's Southwest Grill for lunch.  He enjoyed a yummy cheese quesadilla and some chocolate chip cookie :)    John and I had work to do around the house, so we went home to put Joe down for a nap.  He was worn out and slept for 3 hours and 15 minutes.  While Joe was blessing us with his long nap, John and I continued cleaning out his office so that we can soon move Joe's room into there.  John also cleaned out the garage so that we will have room for some of his office furniture out there.  We got a lot completed, so Joe will be in his new room soon.  Noah will take over Joe's old room, and poor John loses his office space.  I think he would agree when i say, the kiddos are worth it :) 
When Joe woke up, we went to my mom and dads house (Honey and Pops) for a hamburger grill out.  Yummmm.  Mom and I prepared our dinner while John, Joe, Dad and Nelly (the dog) hung out on the back porch grilling the burgers.  Dinner was delicious and Joe actually ate his corn and black beans.  I was proud.. he has been such a picky eater lately.  
After dinner we put Joe in the bath...he loves mom and dad's garden tub.  This time, we filled it with bubbles and turned on the jets for the first time.  Joe loved it!  He also loved eating the bubbles.  We took some great pictures, and i will post them soon...hopefully this evening.  
He is such a funny and sweet boy.  I love watching him experience new things.  
Sunday was a fun day as well.  I woke up before the boys to shower and get ready.  John and I alternate being at church early.  (Every other Sunday I sing and the opposites John runs the computer during the service) So I got ready before John had to leave and so he could watch Joe while I was busy.  John played with Joe...lots of tickling, running, wrestling, and laughing...while i finished up.  Then John got ready and left for church.  Joe and I met up with daddy at church and I had nursery duty.  Joe never got used to the fact that i was actually in there to stay... everytime i moved he would grab on to me like, "dont live mommy!".  Church was great and we out to eat afterwards with Morgan, Joe, and little Zane.  One of Joe's best buddies.  We had a relaxing afternoon together and then met up at our church's new building to pray and worship before any renovation or moving takes place.  It was a great time with our church body.  Joe loved the worship time, but decided to run around and explore, loudly, during prayer time.  At least he wasnt the only child there.  There were lots of noises from other little ones.  We are so blessed to have a church thriving with families of children.  Even in the midst of concentrated prayer time, its such a joy to hear laughter and sounds coming from children.  After church we picked up our $5 Little Ceasars Pizza (becoming a sunday night ritual) and went home to eat a enjoy family time.  I love the Sunday evenings, but i dont like knowing that John's work week starts the next day and we will see much less of him until the next weekend comes.  I cherish our times when we are all together.  I love my boys so much.  
Anyways, we had a great weekend, and we hope you did too!!!  
Pictures soon!

No comments: