Friday, February 20, 2009

Glad It's Friday!

Hello All!  Joe is napping, so I thought I would post another blog.  I'm on a roll :)  Not much new is going on.  Yesterday afternoon Joe and I went to the grocery store.  We were in much need of some grub.  I am always hopeful that Joe will be a good boy at the store, but he still hates the grocery cart.  They have carts for kids that make them feel like they are driving a car, with a steering wheel and all, but he still hates being contained and strapped in.  He would much rather run wild grabbing everything off of the shelves!  Thank goodness for the deli lady.  She gave Joe a piece of cheese to snack on while I shopped, and that kept him content for most of our trip.  Snacks from home just aren't good enough!  He is very loud in public, babbling to everyone that walks by.  It is funny and most people talk back to him. Occasionally it's a little embarrassing.  I'm sure there are those thinking, "Why can't you keep your kid quiet?!?"  But that's ok.  I've learned early on with Joe to just relax, enjoy him, and try not to worry about what other people are thinking (as long as he is not being a trouble maker, that is.)  
Joe got to spend some quality time with daddy last night. I have worship practice every Thursday evening, so i make the boys dinner and leave when John gets home.  I think they really enjoy their date night :)  They watched hockey last night, and John gave Joe a bath..which he absolutely loves.  He is going to be a great swimmer I think.  
Joe has been a great sleeper.  For the past few months he has gone to bed around 7:30 and woken up around 7:30 or 8.  This past week though, he has been waking up between 6:00-6:30.  I guess his body doesn't need as much rest or he has decided he likes being an early riser.  Here i was thinking i was so lucky, because most of my friends' children wake up a good bit earlier than he did.  Not anymore.  Joe has decided to join in on the early morning wake up.  My body is having to get used to waking up earlier.  I have been so tired all week!  
Today, the power company is turning our power off for 3-4 hours to work on the lines.  When Joe wakes up we are going to head over to my mom and dad's house (honey and pops) to meet my sister (aunt ash).  Ashley and I are going to take Joe to the park for a little bit.  He could slide all day long if he were allowed!  It's hard for me to take him to places such as the park by myself these days.  I have a hard time chasing him, bending over, picking him up, etc. because of my growing belly.  I was at the hospital last week and a nurse asked, "are you about to have your baby?!?" ... I said, "no!".  She asked how long it would be, and i told her about 15 weeks.  Her jaw dropped.  I am about 25 weeks now, but i think my belly is about the size of my belly when i was 30-32 weeks with Joe.  My doctor says i'm measuring normally, though.  She had told me from the beginning i would get bigger faster, sorer faster, and just feel way more pregnant than I did before... especially having Joe to take care of all day.  
Anyways, we are looking forward to getting out of the house today.  We hope you all enjoy your Friday!!!

No comments: